The box it comes in is to thin and it has those cardboard sharp edges.
- The game board is way thinner than the old ones and seems like slightly thicker than poster board (like another reviewer said). I looks like they printed a sheet with the squares on it and then glued it to the cardboard. Cheap, cheap.
- The checkers are cheaper plastic and not as substantial. They are easily knocked around.
- The Chess pieces were ok and again not substantial so easily knocked over. My set was incomplete. I was missing a black knight and had an extra bishop.
- The board is not slippery so the pieces do not slide nicely.
- The board and pieces are made in China. Not that China makes all bad things, but it appears they bid this out to the Cheapest bidder and it